Individual funding requests
An Individual Funding Request (IFR) is for a patient whose treatment is not normally funded and needs to be considered on an individual patient basis. The CCGs have in-common suite of Planned Procedure with a Threshold portfolio. These are policies covering treatments or procedures with an agreed set of clinically appropriate criteria which must be met prior to any treatment referral.
- interventions prior to National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) evaluation;
- NICE have evaluated the treatment as not generally being cost effective;
- treatments covered by NICE Technology Appraisal Guidance criteria that the patient does not meet;
- treatments where the patient does not fulfil the agreed funding criteria for PPwT and have clinically exceptional circumstances;
- requests to continue funding for patients previously treated:
- within a clinical trial;
- by self-funding;
- through a decision made by another CCG commissioner where the patient has become the commissioning responsibility of a CCG covered by the terms of this policy.
- requests for referral to a service not commissioned locally and not listed on the national register;
- those which are not funded through the CCG commissioning contracts.
How can I make an individual funding request?
It is a clinician lead application. This means that a patient will need the support of a clinician, usually the patient’s GP or consultant, to make the case on their behalf through submitting a completed IFR application along with the supporting clinical evidence. The application will be considered by the NW London IFR Panel.
The IFR Team can be contacted for general queries only; patients are advised to contact their GP or hospital clinical team if they require information regarding their IFR case.
For more information regarding IFR policies or process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.