Urgent Alert

From 1 April 2022 this website will not be updated.

  For the latest North West London health and care information, visit www.nwlondonics.nhs.uk.

Your services

North West London CCGs are committed to helping you access the right services when you need them, and also to helping you take greater care of your own health so that you and your family can live longer, healthier lives.

Unsure about which service to use?

If you have a cough or cold, hangover, graze or an upset stomach you can treat the symptoms at home – in fact, staying at home and getting plenty of rest is the best place for you. Find out more on our self-care page.

You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it’s not a life-threatening situation. The free telephone number is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is staffed with trained medical advisers.

Your local pharmacist, or chemist, is highly trained. They can offer advice and suggest medicines or treatments for many common problems such as headaches, stomach problems, coughs, and colds. Some pharmacists can also give out flu vaccinations.

You should visit your GP for injuries and on-going illness. They will be able to assess your needs and refer you to a specialist if needed.

Use an Urgent Treatment Centre if you have an urgent and severe but not life threatening illness or health problem including wounds, cuts and sprains.

Accident and Emergency (A&E) departments assess and treat patients with serious injuries or illnesses. Generally, you should visit A&E or call 999 for life-threatening emergencies